Thursday, February 14, 2008

Guilty Pleasure Thursdays: 2/14/08



note: my internet isn't working so im posting video instead of the songs, but ill post up the music when I get a chance...

Alright, so the reason that I thought up Guilty Pleasure Thursdays was because of the post I wanted to make today. I knew that I could tear down the house with this story...

Let me begin with some back story...

There was a girl that I had a huge crush on from 5th grade until I was a freshman in high school, because I was a fucking schlub I never really told her even though she obviously had to find out from someone because who has trustworthy friends at that age? Not I...So fast forward from 5th grade to 7th grade I joined the junior high wrestling team and our first tournament was coming up. The girl whom I was smitten over told me that she would be coming to our match, so I'm like "holy shit! a chance to impress her".

The day of the tournament finally comes and I'm psyched and nervous for my first match. I get out there and basically get my ass handed to me by a dude that's a foot taller than me and probably outweighs me by 20 lbs. Embarrassed, I look around and realized the girl isn't there, so while I'm disappointed, that kind of stopped the bleeding...

I'm waiting around about an hour later and she comes to tell me shes there...I immediately am flooded with nervousness because I have another match coming up. I was thankful she didn't as any other questions as explaining why I'm in the loser's bracket would be awful...

Second match comes up. I get destroyed again...This time at the end of the match I look up at my crush and she's laughing with her friends and my life all came crashing down...I rushed off the mat and hurried to the locker room and immediately start crying and punching shit like lockers and doors...About 20 min later I regain composure and get dressed and go home. Once I get home, I go in my room and flip on the cd player and start listening to two songs on repeat...

The first is the guilty pleasure. This song I listened to allllll the time because it reminded me of the girl I liked and I felt that the more I listened to it the higher the likelihood of her dating me would be. I really liked the song back then, and would still listen to it now even though it's totally fucking LAAAAAME.



I sat in my room listening to that just crying for what seemed like hours upon hours because I thought my shot at dating this girl were just crushed by my inability to win a single match during the day she came to see me.

It wasn't THAT bad when I listened to Jewel's masterpiece, but when the second song came on, I fully lost it and the waterworks really started to flow...I felt like the lyrics were written specifically for me in that situation...



That may have been one of the saddest days in my life. I got minor vilification after I graduated college and curiosity got the best of me when I decided to look up her myspace only to find out she was fucking UGLY. I don't know what I was thinking...


Happy V-day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Caren said...

that's pretty sad.
it reminds me of how there are always girls that cry during elementary school dances (me being one of them). how silly kids are..

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home