Sunday, February 10, 2008

Soft Rock Sunday: 2/10/08



So since V-day is this week I feel like getting a little cheesy. You may be subjected to some pretty ridiculous shit, but it'll probably be songs that can get you laid or like make your gf that is mad at you, not mad at you anymore.

So when I was researching the song for today's SRS(abbreviations-ville wooo!) I found out that members of the band that made this song were actually members of the band Split Enz, which I talked about in an earlier post. It was very much so on some "you learn something new every day" type thing.

The first time I remember hearing this song was in Stephen King's "The Stand", the movie...not the book. It was like a miniseries event on CBS back in the day and Gary Sinise aka Lieutenant Dan and the dude from Coach that always kind of seemed a little on the retarded side were in it. Real decent watch from what I remember, but this song played a big part in the movie because it had real high impact lyrics, like "keep on believing you will save the human race, NEVER GIVE UP!!!" type shit.

This song is a relationship saver. Use it on your next mixtape when you think you're almost going to break up like, "baby, this isnt over, with love we can overcome all!!!" CHEEEEEEEEEESE

Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over


BONUS!

I think this song is an obvious copy of Don't Dream It's Over, you be the judge...

Also this song was the theme to an ill-fated FOX wanna-be 90210 tv show...they should've gotten Brian Austin Green to rap on the remix (BACK ON FOX THIS WEEK WITH SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES!!! SO ILL!!!). For those who don't remember B.A.G. was like the Snow (yes informer-o) of teen angst television. Who wants to fuck with me on some 90210/Saved By The Bell knowledge? I'm seriously unfuckwittable. I had teen angst before I was a teen. KILLING IT!

The Heights - How Do You Talk To An Angel

1 Comments:

Blogger Caren said...

i love that crowded house song

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home