Monday, March 31, 2008

Baby, Baby, Aw Shucks


So it's another day, and I've of course found another song that I think is the most amazing song ever in the history of the world.

I've had this on vinyl for a good amount of time but I just got an mp3 of it today so I listened to it a bunch and decided it fits the title of "most awesome shit ever". Sometimes I think it's so crazy that anyone would not like disco. It has to be probably the happiest music ever. I mean I'm probably wrong, but it's really fucking happy. Just listening to it brings an enormous smile to my face and makes me want to dance around with no care in the world.

This is a re-edit of First Choice's "Let No Man Put Asunder" done by storied dj Ron Hardy. What I know about Chicago is pretty comparable to what I know about quantum physics, but that city gets such a massive pass in my book for the whole "we invented house music" thing and when they have dudes busting out tunes like this it really shines quite a positive light on the windy city...also, Jordan was dope.

anyway...

Right now, listening to this song makes me feel like the happiest dude in the world...

Ron Hardy - Baby, Baby, Aw Shucks


Listen to that! So much soul and emotion in one 8 minute package. And the "Babaay, Babaay" loop OMG! Just kind of makes me want to get on a rooftop and start screaming about how much I love everyone...

here's the original in case you're curious.

First Choice - Let No Man Put Asunder

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home