Sunday, March 09, 2008

The best song ever (right now/this week)



This dropped on Tuesday and I scooped it up without even listening to it because DFA is killing it right now and have been putting out nothing but heaters lately...

Listening to this song kind of makes me want to cry. It's 13 minutes long and every second is better than the last. Like I'm willing to bet about 200 bucks that they play this song at the next Big Fun (Wed. March 19th!!!) and I'm fully anticipating melting into nothingness and balling my eyes out at the ill breakdown around 8:16. Ive listened to it probably 50 times since Thursday when I heard someone play it out and consequently lost my shit...

I'm pretty comfortable saying this is the best song I've heard this year. The way it opens up is like magic. Starting out disco-y and then dropping into house with added vocals from Nancy Whang which keep going through the amazing breakdown and then the full power of the track is unleashed around the 10 minute mark where everything gets acid and my brain goes into full meltdown mode.

If you don't already get my point...this shit is FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

Im posting shitty bitrate because you should buy it. Itunes, Beatport, vinyl...whatever. If you like music you should love this song and owe it to yourself to buy it.

The Juan Maclean - Happy House

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home