Sunday, January 13, 2008

Soft Rock Sundays: C&J Tribute Edition


(click to enlarge)

Last night was the final Caps and Jones at Savalas so I wanted to throw up some tracks that these guys opened my eyes to for the first Soft Rock Sunday.

Dreams


I think this is the first song I associated with Caps and Jones. As is the case with any good mixtapes you start to associate the songs with the mixtape itself instead of a standalone track. On Moving in Stereo (which is available on their website) this was one of the standout songs I hadn't heard before.

This was also the last song they played last night at 4am, which I found to be really fitting and kind of a cool bookend on Caps and Jones' run at Savalas.

More Than This


This is a song they featured on their Lemon-Red mix from 2005 and it also kind of has double importance for me because the song is great, but the moment that I was 100% sold on this track was due to the karaoke stylings of Mr. Bill Murray aka Bob Harris.


Yer So Bad


This is a song that I heard Jonesy play at a Savalas night a few weeks ago and its been in my head ever since. Totally amazing track that I may not have heard if it wasn't for these dudes.

That caps (pun intended) the first soft rock sunday. Hopefully it left you jonesin' (god I'm awesome...) for the forthcoming episodes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home