Thursday, January 10, 2008

Didn't See That Coming...



Last night I got called in to dj at Hope Lounge at the last minute, so I came home, grabbed my stuff and then went on my way. As I was sitting in the subway waiting for the hell train to come, I realize that I forgot my headphones, so I think... "Damn, should I go back home and get them?" Of course, the train shows up at that point, and since it might not show up again until the next solar eclipse, I decide to chance it and hope someone can help me out or that Hope Lounge has some I can use. Luckily, the dudest of dudes aka Danomyte aka Coach Dan hooked it up and let me borrow his.

So with that out of the way, I needed to get some food before I went to play. I see a pizza sign and figure I'll stop in. Upon closer inspection the pizza place contains the name of a well known actor. Interesting right...? Well check this out.



Vinny Vella's Pizza!

Vinny Vella, of "Coffee and Cigarettes" fame, was sitting on a stool when I walked in. We talked a little bit about movies he's done and about Jim Jarmusch aka the Wolverine of film directors and then I went on my way.

So after all this I get to Hope and start playing and then about an hour into it, the dude that called me in asks me if I want to dj a magazine issue release party (SCORE!).

How's that for unexpected...?

Thinking that my streak of positive unexpected occurrences will run out soon, I call it a night and come back home.

quite a night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Caren said...

i'm so proud of you :)

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home